THE CURRENT LEAD TIME ON SUPPLYING ECU CORES IS 2-3 MONTHS
What is the K-Pro ECU?
The K-Pro ECU is a specially modified 2002 to 2004 Honda ECU with a USB interface to a notebook PC running Windows. It is currently available for the standard shift Acura RSX base model and Type-S, the US Civic Si and the Euro Civic Type R. K-Pro ECU Manager software allows the setting of cam angle, ignition advance, fuel, and a variety of other aspects. The purpose of the K-Pro ECU is to fine-tune the Honda ECU for the best possible engine performance under various operating conditions and with various engine configurations. It also allows you to disable the immobilizer which is particularly important to those people performing engine swaps.
What ECU do I need to send in? Can Hybrid Racing provide me with an ECU?Features
- Fits inside the ECU
- Designed and assembled in the USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManager Windows-based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading, and data logging.
- Many built-in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built-in data logging to a laptop
- Onboard data logging memory (8 MB memory, 10-215 minutes data logging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from lean air-fuel ratios, over boost, and low oil/fuel pressure.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Three multi-purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar.
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2 or aftermarket wideband.
- PWM output for boost control
- Bluetooth support and Hondata Mobile app.
- Ethanol sensor input for flex-fuel capability.
- Alternate speed sensor input.
- Dash output serial & CAN streams.
- Live tuning and auto-tune.
KManager editing software features:
- High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables at multiple cam angles for correct VTEC and VTC tuning.
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip-in, and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Adjustable idle speed
- MAP sensor type and calibration
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Closed-loop control
- Air temperature compensation
- Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
- Three general-purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control, or similar
- On board data logging trigger conditions
The modified ECU with a big Hondata sticker on it K-Pro Manager software and USB drivers on a CD Installation instructions A six-foot USB cable 2 silver Hondata stickers The modifications included the installation of a 1.75 x 4.5-inch Hondata-branded daughterboard. This required soldering a couple of connectors onto the motherboard. I analyzed the daughter board because I was curious as to what it does. The two main chips on it are: In addition, Hondata made a small cutout in the rear wall of the ECU housing to accommodate a standard USB connector.
As is usually the case with USB peripherals, the USB driver must be installed before the ECU is plugged in for the first time. After that, the ECU can be connected to the computer even if it is not in the car. The PC will then recognize it and install the proper driver. When it first came back, I simply connected the K-Pro ECU to my notebook and installed the USB driver. Then I put it back into its mounting bracket in the passenger footwell of the car and reconnected the various cables.