About Function 7 Control Arms
Designed for the extremes of racing use, all of our lower control arms are precision machined out of 7075 aluminum for maximum strength and then treated for corrosion resistance. Every arm is tracked in every step of the manufacturing process, and each arm is individually serialized and barcoded for quality assurance.
Bushings or Bearings?
Function 7 control arms are available with spherical bearings instead of bushings. If your car is driven daily and you attend a local road race or auto cross every now and then the bushings will be the perfect choice for you. The polyurethane bushings are forgiving enough for potholes and everyday encounters yet stiff enough to still provide you with the stiffness and response a track car needs.
The spherical bearings are for your hardcore racing needs. They feature oversized teflon-lined bearings and rotate a full 360-degrees which spreads the bearing load evenly and eliminates any play.
• High quality custom-made polyurethane bushings (manufactured to our specifications by Energy Suspension) provide extended life while retaining excellent performance characteristics.
• Aluminum CNC bushing inserts prevents rust related issues found on stock bushings.
• Modular design allows individual component replacement and makes bushing rebuilds simple.
• Entrapment-type bushings do not require set screws which cause undue stress points.
• Full width bushing journals for maximum strength & reliability under the most extreme conditions.
• Micro-engraving ensures that the product is a genuine Function7 product.
• Each arm is individually serialized & bar coded for quality control and trackability.
• Three bar mounting holes are provided for the easy installation of most factory and aftermarket sway bars, and allows the stiffness of the sway bar to be easily adjusted.
• Optional adjustable sway bar endlinks are available to mount factory and aftermarket sway bars.
Why choose Function 7 Engineering?
Research is one of the core businesses philosophies of Function7 Engineering. Our research in diverse fields like materials science, advanced manufacturing methodologies, and vehicle dynamics provides us with the upper hand during our product development and manufacturing cycles.
Equipped with the knowledge learned from our various research fields, the engineers at Function7 Engineering have continuously broken new ground in both product design/development, and manufacturing techniques. Extensive research into materials science fields have also allowed us to push the performance envelope, creating ever stronger, ever lighter precision components.